30. 10. 2012
The 23rd International Furniture Fair Ambient Ljubljana, organized by GR-Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre, will take place at GR-Ljubljana from 6 to 11 November, 2012.
This fair, with 240 companies from 24 countries presenting themselves at the fair, is the biggest fair of this kind in the area between Milan and Vienna. The fair will be officially opened by Dr. Danilo Türk on November 6 at 12 o'clock. The honorary patron of the fair is the Embassy of Finland in Ljubljana, which will also be presented at the fair with Finnish design in the year, when Helsinki is the world's capital of design.
You are kindly invited to leaf through our catalogue, where you can find detailed information about recognitions and awards, which will be granted at the fair, and about exhibitions that will take place at the same time:
• TOP 10 – AN EXHIBITION OF THE PRIZE-WINNING PRODUCTS, which can be praised for special design achievements in the areas of functional, technological and artistic quality.
• TOP IDEAS – DESIGN EXCHANGE – an exhibition of ingenious, inventive and creative design solutions of young, promising architects and designers.
• MUST HAVE EXHIBITION FROM POLAND – an exhibition of products selected at Design Festival competition in Lodz, in cooperation with the Embassy of Poland in Ljubljana.
• Chairs designed by Niko Kralj, an exhibition of chairs Rex and other furniture designed by Niko Kralj.
• The exhibition LINKING DESIGN AND INDUSTRY, organised by the Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region.
• AN EXHIBITION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF WOOD TECHNOLOGY of the Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana.
The fair will be accompanied by various lectures of renowned experts in the field of design, among them:
• LUKE PEARSON AND ELLEN O’HARA, ABOUT INDUSTRIAL DESIGN AND BUSINESS INCUBATORS FOR CREATIVE INDUSTRIES IN GREAT BRITAIN
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2012 at 10 a.m., Urška Hall, (the lecture has been organised by the Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region, Linking Design and Industry.)
• UNDERSTANDING DESIGN – ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2012 at 10 a.m., Urška Hall, (organised by the Department of Industrial Design of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, University of Ljubljana.)
BABYSITTING WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED in the framework of the fair, and there will be some puppet shows, performed by Ljubljana Puppet Theatre.
The fair will be open:
FROM TUESDAY UNTIL SATURDAY: from 8 a.m. till 8 p.m.
SUNDAY: from 10 a.m. till 6 p.m.
Regular tickets: 8, 5 EUR. Tickets can also be purchased on line. Every visitor receives a free FAIR CATALOGUE at the Box Office.
Visitors to the fair are invited to park their vehicles at P+R DOLGI MOST (1,2 EUR per day) or P+R STOŽICE (2,4 EUR per day), and then take a city bus to the fair and back to the parking place FREE OF CHARGE with a ticket for Ambient Fair. The tickets are valid only for bus routes 6, 20 and 13 for those visitors, who do not have Urbana Cards for Ljubljana’s transport system.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on the mobile phone number: 041 236 912.
YOU ARE INVITED TO ACCREDIT YOURSELVES ONLINE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE – IN THIS WAY YOU CAN GET THE REQUIRED CODED TICKET FOR ENTERING AND WORKING AT THE FAIR, OR YOU CAN GET ACCREDITED AT THE FAIR, IN THE PRESS CENTRE LOCATED IN JURČEK PAVILION, WHERE YOU CAN ALSO OBTAIN ALL OTHER NECESSARY INFORMATION.