2. 11. 2011
Ambient Ljubljana – Furniture Fair is the largest exhibition of furniture and interior design in Slovenia, which is traditionally organised by the GR - Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre each year in November. This year, 297 companies from 19 countries present themselves on 25,300 m2 of exhibition surfaces in all available halls, including the Apel hall complex (as GR has named the Slovenijales building), and on the external surfaces. Blaž Kavčič, MSc, President of the National Council of the Republic of Slovenia, will officially open the Fair on Tuesday, 8 November, at 1:00 pm. As in previous years, Top Ten
prizes will be awarded for the best creative achievements in the field of design, as well as the prize for the Best exhibition space and many others.
The Fair is not only an exhibition where the achievements and latest trends in the furniture industry are exhibited under the same roof, but also aims to draw attention of the general public – in 6 days approximately 40,000 or more visitors attend the Fair – to the significance of design and to the functional and aesthetic elements of living spaces. GR - Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre is thus the initiator of a rich accompanying programme and in cooperation with individual partners presents the following:
• Top Ideas – Design Trade Show, where young perspective architects and designers present their conceptual designs. The trade show is an exhibition available to the visitors and at the same time an opportunity for the professional public and industry representatives to make contact with the authors of inventive, creative, and innovative design solutions.
• Exhibitions of students from various higher education institutions, which deal with design or landscaping
Academy of Fine Arts and Design, University of Ljubljana:
➢ Department of Industrial Design
➢ Department of Visual Communication
➢ Department of Glass and Ceramic Design
Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana:
➢ Department of Landscape Architecture
➢ Department of Wood Technology
Academy of Design in Ljubljana
In cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Ljubljana and the Delo and Slovenske novice supplement Deloindom, Architectural Dialogue – architectural counselling by students of architecture – takes place also this year.
• Exhibition of the Designers Society of Slovenia – exhibition of achievements marking the 20th anniversary of the Society
Thursday, 10 November, 10:00 am, Urška hall (2 lectures and a round table):
• Connecting design and the industry – cooperation between designers and the industry for better business results and increased competitiveness of Slovenian economy Organised by
: Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban region
Wednesday, 9 November, 10:00 am, Urška hall:
• Slovenian wood processing – a look into the future: a conference and a round table on the vision of restructuring of the wood processing sector Organised by:
Furniture and wood processing association at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia The Fair is open:
daily from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, on Sunday 13 November the Fair closes at 6:00 pm
. Regular ticket costs EUR 7.00, from 25 October advance sale tickets are available at a uniform price of EUR 7, concessions EUR 5, children up to 7 years of age and the disabled with a person assisting a wheelchair user – free of charge. Visitors receive a Fair Catalogue
and may enter a prize draw for attractive prizes contributed by the exhibitors.