11. 11. 2010
Numerous prizes have been awarded at the 21st Furniture Fair - Ambient Ljubljana, under way this week until Sunday at the Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre. Various juries selected winners of certificates and prizes, awarded by Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre and others, among interior design products of over 300 exhibitors from 25 countries. The prizes include Top Ten, Best Exhibition Space, Golden Link and others. Considerable attention is attracted by exhibitions such as Tabletop Landscapes, Top Ideas – 1st Design Trade Show, Top Ten exhibition, Houses of the world exhibition, etc. The Fair is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm until Saturday, and until 6:00 pm on Sunday. You are kindly invited!
Prizes awarded by the Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre:TOP TEN
• Evaluation criteria: prizes Top Ten are awarded to products and system solutions, which best combine function with technological or artistic quality; the best among the Top Ten receives the prize The Top of The Top.
• Jury: Janez Koželj, honourable chairman, Jure Miklavc, chairman, Špela Hudnik, Isabel Hérault, Yves Nacher, Piero Zucchi, Stefano Gri
• Prize recipients:
Winner – The TOP of the TOP
- TOM tovarna opreme d.d., for sofa/resting chair Orca, designer: Ernest Nograšek
- MIZARSTVO URBANIJA, Marko Urbanija s.p., for Urban kitchen, designers: Lena and Tomaž Krušec
- SVEA lesna industrija d.d., for Villa kitchen, designer: Darko Šurina
- ODEJA d.o.o., for Illusion collection, designer: Andreja Cegnar
- ODEJA d.o.o., for Zoo playmats, designer: Lili Panjtar
- LIP RADOMLJE, d.d., for children’s bed Dreamy, designers: Asto Dvornik, Gregor Zupan
- TRGODOM NO. 1, d.o.o., for Recession Crib, designer: Klemen Rodman
- MIZARSTVO BOLČIČ, Mitja Bolčič s.p., for collection of solid wood furniture RUJ, designer: Toni Kancilija
- MAREMICO, d.o.o., for hybrid modular bed Maremico, designers: Valentin and Emil Marinšek
- AMBIENTI D. C., d.o.o., for induction cooking set Multiplo-Scholtes
Best exhibition space prize
- Prize recipient: TOM tovarna opreme d.d., for sofa/resting chair Orca, designer: Ernest Nograšek
• Evaluation criteria: the jury selects the best exhibition space and presents the exhibitor with a special award certificate based on the criteria of originality, design perfection and aesthetics.
• Jury: Lenka Kavčič, Ana Struna Bregar, Maja Vardjan
Architectural Dialogue prize
- Prize recipient: MIZARSTVO URBANIJA, Marko Urbanija s.p.
- Prize recipient: KOLPA, d.d. Metlika
- Prize recipient: ODEJA d.o.o.
• Evaluation criteria: most innovative architectural solution
• Jury: Julijana Bavčar, Isabel Hérault, Piero Zucci
Prize awarded by Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre (Gospodarsko razstavišče d.o.o.) and the Furniture and Wood Processing Association of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Slovenia: Golden Link (Zlata vez) – 3 prizes
- Prize recipient: Tadej Juranovič
• Evaluation criteria: prize awarded to a new, not yet publically presented product for design originality, marketing penetration and integral concept.
• Jury: Jasna Hrovatin, chairwoman, Manja Kitek Kuzman, Rajko Magdalenc
• Prize recipients:
- first prize - Golden Link: company Panles trade d.o.o. for Zoja kitchen, designer Primož Vrečko
- second prize - company Maremico d.o.o. for Hybrid modular bed, designers Valentin and Emil Marinšek
- third prize - company Rujz design d.o.o. for connecting hardware Spoj, designer Aleksander Praznik
Other awards:Golden plaque of Naš dom magazine
• Evaluation criteria: awarded to furniture of a domestic manufacturer, with whose products it is possible to best and most efficiently furnish either an entire dwelling or a part of it. A jury appointed by the Editorial board of the magazine selects the award recipient.
• Jury: Lili Vrtovec, Evita Sinrajh, Dušan Waldhütter
• Prize recipient: Mizarstvo Lestetik, d.o.o., for programme Sleep FIT, designer Peter Florjančič
Award certificate of the Designers Society of Slovenia
• Evaluation criteria: for achievements in the field of design of the Designers Society
• Jury: Mateja Panter, Lenka Kavčič, Jurij Dobrila
• Prize recipient: Mizarstvo Bolčič, for furniture Ambra, designers Tea and Edo Vidovič
Title of the Honourable member, awarded by the Wood Processing Association of Slovenia
• Honourable member of the Wood Processing Association of Slovenia, Blaž Kavčič, M.Sc.Title of Emeritus member, awarded by the Wood Processing Association of Slovenia
• Emeritus member of the Wood Processing Association of Slovenia, Nada Marija Slovnik, M.Sc.